Bone Tickle

martes, 2 de agosto de 2011

Cavernous Cuckoo


            In the freshness of the morning I
Feel back to the musty sheets where I left my load
Under white chasms of creased restlessness
I was devoured by a pack of dogs
rabid, with tears in their eyes

From the grey confines of that decaying
concrete window, you watched merciless
as flooded with shame I was, at the warm
smell of those dripping canines slipping
gently in, like spikes into bruised fruit

In the freshness of the morning, I.



Dustin O' Halloran - Vorleben - Compilation - 130701 by FatCat Records



"Gazing into the darkness I saw myself as a creature driven and derided by vanity; and my eyes burned with anguish and anger"
JAMES JOYCE


*

 "I don't belong to anyone
My heart is heavy as an oil drum
And I don't want to be alone
My heart is yellow as an ear of corn
And I have torn my soul apart
From pulling artlessly with fool commands
Some nights I just never go to sleep at all
And I stand
Shaking in my doorway like a sentinel
All alone
Bracing like the bow upon a ship
And fully abandoning
Any thought of anywhere
But home, my home
Sometimes I can almost feel the power
And I do love you
Is it only timing that has made it such a dark hour
Only ever chiming out "Cuckoo, cuckoo"
"

JOANNA NEWSOM - In California



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario